We are asking for expressions of interest from candidates for the next President (medical) of the UKKA. The new President (medical) will work with the President (MPT), Clare Morlidge to drive the UKKA forward. This is a crucial role for the UKKA and remuneration is available for 1 session (or equivalent) a week. This is paid to the President's employing organisation and will require time to be agreed upon and built into the individual's job plan.
Who can apply:
- Any UKKA member who is a doctor in good standing
- The full role description can be viewed here
- The role is appointed for a term of office of up to five years from June 2023: one year as President-Elect, three years in office, and one year as Past President
- The role is supported by the Past President for one year and will work with a supportive board of trustees, leadership training will be available.
How to apply:
- Send a brief 2-page CV, headshot, and statement to encourage members to vote for you to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31 March 2023. The statement should be no longer than 400 words and give a brief overview of why you are suitable for the role and what you see as the key opportunities. These documents will be available on the election software for all members to review.
- This is an elected role; UKKA members will vote on who to appoint.
- The deadline for applications is Friday, 31 March 2023.
- Voting opens on 10 April 2023 and closes at 17:00 Friday 28 April 2023.
- Candidates will be informed, and the elected Co-President announced
Current President Prof Paul Cockwell says: "The role of UKKA president is a wonderful role. It is enjoyable, challenging (in the right way!), hugely varied, and a great opportunity to help further develop our organisation and specialty in these interesting times, working to improve the care of patients with kidney disease"