NHS England commissions the UKRR to collect the Renal Dialysis Quality Dashboard. This is used by both CCGs and Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) to assess the quality of renal services. The five indicators collected are:
- Peritonitis rate in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis.
- Rate of Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia in patients receiving haemodialysis.
- Access to transplant listing for patients starting haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
- PatientView uptake by patients on RRT.
- PatientView usage by patients on RRT.
The data are collected quarterly from renal centres, although indicators 1 and 2 cover a rolling year because infections in a quarter are numerically very small.
The dataset is now available for sharing with external researchers:
If you have any queries regarding this dataset please contact Fiona Braddon.