Joining Forces to Transform Diabetic Kidney Disease Care: Inviting Members for the ABCD-UKKA Committee
The ABCD-UKKA Committee stands at the forefront of revolutionising care for individuals affected by Diabetic Kidney Disease (DKD) in the UK. Comprising dedicated professionals in Renal Medicine and Diabetes/Endocrinology, this joint Committee is actively seeking passionate individuals to join its ranks.
What's the Opportunity?
Expressions of interest are now open for a member position on the ABCD-UKKA Committee. This role presents an incredible chance for professionals to actively shape and influence the landscape of DKD care in the UK.
Responsibilities and Initiatives
Members of the ABCD-UKKA Committee play pivotal roles in various initiatives aimed at enhancing care:
- Guideline Development: Crafting and regularly updating treatment guidelines with a specific focus on healthcare services and licensed medicines in the UK.
- Conference Organization: Spearheading a joint ABCD-UKKA conference held biennially in the UK.
- Supporting Symposia: Contributing to DKD-focused symposia at specialist society meetings, such as Diabetes UK.
- Expert Input: Providing expertise for consultations and comments on DKD-related matters, including bodies like NICE.
- Media Engagement: Offering expert commentary for media items concerning DKD.
- Support for Trainees: Ensuring comprehensive grounding in both specialties (Renal Medicine and Diabetes/Endocrinology) and promoting knowledge of collaborative practices among trainees.
Term and Continuation
Successful candidates typically serve a three-year term, with the possibility of extending for a second term.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can contact Prof Indranil Dasgupta for an informal discussion about the role.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by a letter outlining why joining the committee is sought after.