Rare Disease Group
- To increase awareness of Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA).
- To streamline the diagnostic process.
- To investigate and implement measures to reduce the incidence of the disease.
- To empower affected patients in seeking help and support.
- To establish international collaborations to promote research into the causes and management of the disease.
The date of the first PRCA patient information and support meeting will be advertised here soon.
The RDG is communicating with several international bodies with a view to expand its activities internationaly.
- Professor Sunil Bhandari, Hull Royal Infirmary
- Dr Cormac Breen, Guys Hospital London
- Dr Paul Cockwell, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
- Dr Ian Davies, Patient Representative
- Professor Simon Davies, University Hospital of North Staffordshire
- Professor Ken Farrington, Lister Hospital Stevenage
- Professor Philip Karla, Salford Royal Hospital
- Professor Iain Macdougall, Kings College Hospital London
- Dr Ash Mikhail, Morriston Hospital Swansea RDG Lead
- Dr Charles Tomson, Southmead Hospital Bristol
- Dr David Wheeler, Royal Free Hospital London
- Dr Christopher Winearls, Oxford University Hospital