Rare Disease Group
This group is to promote the recognition of patients with mitochondrial disease affecting the kidney.
The Lily Foundation is the UK’s leading mitochondrial disease charity. Our mission is to improve the lives of people affected by mitochondrial diseases. We are working towards a future where mitochondrial diseases can be effectively treated or cured.
- Prof John A Sayer, Consultant Nephrologist, Freeman Hospital, RDG lead
- Dr Gavin Hudson, Researcher, Newcastle University
- Prof Robert Taylor, Professor, Newcastle University
- Dr Yincent Tse, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, Great North Children’s Hospital
- Sister Rachel Steel, Paediatric haemodialysis sister and patient representative
- Dr Tom Connor, Consultant Nephrologist, Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital
- Prof Robert McFarland, Paediatric Neurologist, Wellcome Centre for Mitochondrial Research