Expressions of interest are sought for new members of the UK Kidney Association’s Patient Information Committee, as well as clinical and MPT co-chairs.
The Patient Information Committee develops high-quality patient information resources for use by kidney doctors, patients, families, and carers in the UK. The work is carried out in partnership with Kidney Care UK, the UK’s leading kidney patient support charity.
Re-launching after COVID, the aims of the committee are to:
- Develop a data-driven approach to new topics/print requirements
- Obtain Patient Information Forum (PIF TICK) accreditation
- Develop new topics/alternative information formats
Paediatric and adult specialists are most welcome.
The co-chairs will:
- Provide medical oversight of the committee
- Jointly chair committee meetings - currently held online two-three times a year
- Assist with the recruitment of new committee members
The day-to-day administration of the committee is conducted by Kidney Care UK.
It is anticipated that post holders will remain in place for three years, starting Autumn 2022.
To apply please send a brief expression of interest statement (max 100 words) to Melanie Dillon, Patient Information Coordinator (Melanie.Dillon@kidneycareuk.org) by Friday 7th October 2022.